Ryan T. Higley, DDS
Meet Dr. Higley | Oral Surgeon in Lubbock TX
Dr. Ryan T. Higley was born and raised in Dumas, TX. He earned his undergraduate degree in Biology from McMurry University in Abilene, TX, followed by The University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School in San Antonio, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with his Doctor of Dental Surgery. While at the UTHSCSA, he was inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the national Dental Honor Society, an honor bestowed upon few graduates who have distinguished themselves academically as well as qualities for future professional growth and attainments.
Dr. Higley completed his Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency at The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and served as Chief Resident his final year. During his residency, he took a special interest in cleft lip and palate procedures as well as craniofacial reconstruction. His professional interests consist of both general and complex oral and maxillofacial procedures including third molar removal, dental implant reconstruction, intra-oral and soft tissue grafting, corrective jaw surgery, primary and secondary cleft lip and palate surgery, TMJ reconstruction, and maxillofacial trauma reconstruction. Dr. Higley is also an associate professor of surgery at Texas Tech Health Sciences Center in Lubbock and serves on the University Medical Center Cleft Lip, Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Team and he is currently serving as Chairman for the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental sections at Covenant Medical Center.
Dr. Higley has many hobbies outside of clinical practice, which include large game and upland bird hunting, fly-fishing and snow-skiing. Dr. Higley is married to his high school sweetheart, Ashley, who enjoys serving Lubbock and the surrounding area through various non-profit organizations and businesses.
Call Lubbock Office Phone Number 806-792-6291 to make an appointment with Dr. Higley.
Memberships and honors:
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Fellow
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Fellow
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, Fellow
- Southwest Society Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Medical Executive Committee at Covenant Medical Center
- South Plains District Dental Society
- Texas Dental Association
- Oklahoma Dental Association
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Diplomate
- National Dental Board of Anesthesiology, Diplomate
- Cupcakes for Clefts, Board of Directors
- Covenant Medical Center of Lubbock
- Covenant Women’s and Children’s Hospital of Lubbock
- Northstar Surgical Center
- University Medical Center
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Texas State Board of Dental Examiners