Meet Ryan T. Higley, DDS
Oral Surgeon in Lubbock TX
Dr. Ryan T. Higley was born and raised in Dumas, TX. He earned his undergraduate degree in Biology from McMurry University in Abilene, TX, followed by The University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School in San Antonio, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with his Doctor of Dental Surgery. While in Dental School he was inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the national Dental Honor Society, an honor bestowed upon few graduates who have distinguished themselves academically as well as qualities for future professional growth and attainments. Dr. Higley then completed his Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and served as Chief Resident his final year. During his residency, he took a special interest in cleft lip and palate procedures as well as craniofacial reconstruction. His professional interests consist of third molar removal, complex dental implant reconstruction, TMJ reconstruction, corrective jaw surgery, cleft lip and palate surgery, and maxillofacial trauma reconstruction.
Dr. Higley is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery at Texas Tech Health Science Center in Lubbock and serves on the University Medical Center Cleft Lip, Palate and Craniofacial Team. He has also served as Chairman for Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Sections at Covenant Medical Center in Lubbock. Dr. Higley is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery as well as the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology. He is currently serving on the Board of Directors for Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons as well as Southwest Society Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. Dr. Higley is a past President of the South Plains District Dental Society and is an active member of the Lubbock Executive Association.
Dr. Higley has many hobbies outside of clinical practice including large game and upland bird hunting, welding, travel, fly-fishing, snow skiing, and is a licensed pilot. Dr. Higley is married to his high school sweetheart, Ashley Higley who enjoys serving Lubbock and the surrounding area through various non-profit organizations and businesses. They welcomed their first child, Nellie in June of 2017.
Ready to schedule an appointment with Dr. Higley?
Memberships and honors:
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Fellow
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Fellow
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, Fellow
- Southwest Society Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- South Plains District Dental Society
- Texas Dental Association
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Diplomate
- National Dental Board of Anesthesiology, Diplomate
- TSOMS Board of Directors
- SWSOMS Board of Directors
- Covenant Medical Center of Lubbock
- Covenant Women’s and Children’s Hospital of Lubbock
- Northstar Surgical Center
- University Medical Center
- Covenant High Plains Surgery Center
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Texas State Board of Dental Examiners